Customize Search If No Result Found
There is something maybe not suitable to your need when you search on Joomla Component, and it turns to blank page. It because Joomla Engine didn't find any content that suitable to your search keywords. But shouldn't it show some text or sentences that remind us that this search process is turns to no result? How to customize that search page on Joomla if it turns to no result found?
- Create a folder in your template folder called "html" (if it doesn't exists)
- Create a folder in that html folder called "com_search" (if it doesn't exists)
- Create a folder in that com_search folder called "search" (if it doesn't exists)
- Copy the file .../components/com_search/views/search/tmpl/default_error.php - to .../templates/[your-template]/html/com_search/search
- Edit that file to display whatever you want to see.
- Save the file
You may change that line 6 above on default_error.php on your templates/[your-template]/html/com_search/search to something like "Your search is turns to no result! Please try to use another words..."